Locations: Cardiff, Redditch, Reading & Waltham Abbey
Reporting to the office managers you will produce technically detailed drawings principally using AutoCAD but will also have some experience using Autodesk Revit to assist other employees should the need exist.
The role requires significant working within the UK’s Prison estate where regular contact with prisoners is likely. Initially you will work alongside a senior technologist updating Prison asset registers following the completion of building work or modifications. All training will be provided in this regard.
As a result of the type of work the candidate is to undergo an enhanced security clearance procedure immediately on appointment. A level of competence in the collation and submission of planning applications both standard and for listed buildings is essential, with experience liaising with English Heritage seen as beneficial.
- At least 2 year’s experience working within an architecture practice.
- Associate membership of at least one professional body i.e CIAT, CIOB
- Experience in the collation and submission of planning and building regulation applications.
- A high level of Competency using AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit is essential with preferable experience using Autodesk NavisWorks although this is not essential. Considerable experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Custodial experience is preferred, as is existing enhanced clearance.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical installations is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Good time management and a sense of urgency.
- A confident and professional telephone manner.
- Self-motivated and methodical approach to work with an attention to detail.
- Full UK Driving License
Apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current remuneration details and C.V.