2010 Ryder Cup Clubhouse
Client: Celtic Manor Resort
Project Value:Circa £4.7m
Contractor: Andrew Scotts Ltd
The completed 31,000ft² facility crowns a £16m investment that includes the first specifically designed, built and landscaped golf course in the history of a tournament that stretches back to the Worcester Country Club, Massachusetts, in 1927.
The project welcomed its first members and guests in November 2007. Nestling into the hillside in an elevated position above the 18th green, with spectacular panoramic views of the course, the luxurious clubhouse is constructed over two floors.
It features a covered perimeter balcony enclosing the upper floor level that incorporates Rafters Restaurant, with its signature welcoming fireplace built with local stone. A secluded mezzanine lounge and exposed timber frame, along with a 120-seat function suite and Private Members’ Lounge with traditional Chesterfields, high-backed chairs and open fire.
At lower level, the Professional’s shop, oak-panelled locker rooms and Spike Bar complete the front of house facilities. HLN provided architectural and interior design on a project that, for 3 days in October 2010 was viewed in an estimated 750 homes, in 140 countries across the globe.